2022 Convention – Social Media Guidelines
Gesneriads In the Pacific Gateway
July 4 to July 9, 2022
The Gesneriad Society encourages social media posts from our convention in order to share with gesneriad enthusiasts who are not able to be present. The hashtag #gescon22 should ideally be used when posting to social media regarding the 2022 Convention. We do require that attendees adhere to the following social media etiquette during convention:
Flower Show / Entries / Judging
- Live streaming of the preparation of convention flower show entries in any location is not permitted and will be cause for disqualification from exhibiting in the flower show and/or removal from the entries area.
- All types of photography, video recordings, and social media posts are strictly prohibited during flower show judging.
- Convention flower show photos and videos may be posted to social media only after the show has been officially opened to the public. This includes photographs or videos that identify the subject as a flower show entry.
- Live streaming of any convention presentation is prohibited, unless authorized and organized by The Gesneriad Society
- Flash photography of presentations is not permitted as it is distracting to the speaker.
- Individual speaker presentations may be recorded by attendees only after obtaining the written consent of the presenters and the Convention Committee.